Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. Cisco is evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software, hardware, and services to meet customers' changing business requirements in the digital economy.
What You'll do
Technical Services is team of extraordinary technical authorities whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through excellent financial results, growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
- You will have the opportunity to apply your analytical skills and technical knowledge to tackle product and network problems of moderate-high complexity.
- You're happy to provide technology/product training and intellectual property material as required
- You effectively utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems
- You will submit complete and correct bug reports in areas of expertise.
Who You'll Work With
The TAC Wireless teamwork on complex, challenging issues with some of Cisco's top customers. You'll be part of a team dedicated to solving our customers’ most important business challenges. And you will do it by delivering intelligent networks and technology and business architectures built on integrated products, services and software platforms. You will provide 2nd/3rd level technical support for Wireless technologies
Who You Are
Cisco seeks a Customer Support Engineer in Wireless technology to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. You demonstrate an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career contributing to customers success while working with an industry leader in networking technology.
- You have a working knowledge of Networking industry, products and protocols.
- You have at least 3 - 5 years’ experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging and administering some of the following Wireless LAN products, devices, and technologies for small, medium, large and/or enterprise businesses such as the following:
- Wireless Access Points
- Wireless Client Association
- Wireless Controllers
- CSMA/CA, RTS, CTS protocols
- RF transmission
- IEEE 802.11 standards (a,b,g), 802.1x Wi-Fi
- 802.1Q Trunking
- Ether channel
- Deep understanding of LAN Switching technologies (VLAN’s)
- WLAN Security in the areas of authentication, encryption, IDS/IPS using Radius, AAA authentication, EAP, LEAP, PEAP, PSK
- AES-CCMP encryption (AES- Counter w. CBC MAC Protocol)
- Wireless Sniffers
- WEP encryption (Wired Equivalent Privacy
- WPA (Wi-Fi Protocol Access), WPA2
- Cisco LWAPP and IOS based solutions
- WLSM, WiSM, WCS
- You have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and can handle critical customer issues/problems.
- You resolve problems and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to figure out root cause and resolution for previously unknown problems.
- Works on problems of moderate to wide scope and moderate to high complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts across TAC teams and development teams at peer level.
- Ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members of the work group. Promotes and solicits ideas within project team(s).
- Provide second line phone/email/fax consultation to independently debug complex product problems.
- Provide systems/product training. This will be an important part of this role to train other engineers to gain an intermediate to advanced proficiency for a group of 6 peers.
- Acts as a focal point for large account network problem resolution.
- Typically requires Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent plus 4-7 years related experience. CCIE desired.
- Ability to analyze, use and configure small to medium networks.
- Proven crisis management skills.
- Other: NMS (Network Management Software) experience is a bonus.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
El contenido de este aviso es de propiedad del anunciante. Los requisitos de la posición son definidos y administrados por el anunciante sin que Bumeran sea responsable por ello.