What we are looking for an entrepreneurial, passionate, and obsessive learner to join as Senior Carrier Manager to build, lead, grow, and manage our Mexico <→ US carrier relationships and freight operations, based in either our New York City or Mexico City offices.
You need to have a hunger for proving yourself, thrive in uncertain situations, be a quick & deliberate decision maker, and a leader that can inspire and recruit those who are even more qualified than you.
- Source and manage carrier relationships in line with the needs of our customers.
- Train new carriers, 3PL’s, and customs brokers on how to use our product and improve their performance.
- Utilize negotiation skills to ensure we’re moving freight at the optimal cost and help with our customer quoting process.
- Collaborate with key carriers to help them grow their businesses in partnership with our company.
- Partner with customer experience to manage any issues that come up during the operation of the freightInnovate and refine operational processes to enable team growth and efficiency.
- Assist teammates with problems while also managing your own work.
- Work with operations leads to streamline processes.
- Work directly with the CEO, CTO, and executive team to define and achieve critical business and product milestones.
- You will have tremendous impact on our company culture and trajectory working closely with the founders and early team members.
- You have 3-10+ years experience in transportation management or freight brokerage/forwarding in the Mexico → US trade route .
- Startup or tech experience is a huge plus.
- You feel comfortable handling a load end to end (quoting, booking, documentation, troubleshooting) in the Mexico → US lane.
- You have excellent communication (both English & Spanish) and organizational skills.
- You have strong project management experience, ideally having led small or large teams.
- You have exceptional business judgment and critical thinking skills.
- You have a track record of building, leading, and developing high performing teams.
- You have connections or ties to the Mexico/US logistics/supply chain ecosystem (carriers, customs brokers, border authorities, 3PL’s).