The role will facilitate communication between product owners and technical teams ensuring goals and scope of product are understood by the whole team. Additionally, leads and coaches teams into adopting an agile methodology.
- Guide the product and the technology teams on Agile principles and values to enable more self-organized teams.
- Assess the Agile Maturity of the team and coach them to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team.
- Train the team to plan multiple sprints ahead (with increased predictability) leveraging velocity metrics as a guide.
- Support on identifying/eliminating impediments for the team as well as guiding the team to do the same.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame or retribution with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Ensure goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team as well as possible.
- Facilitate discussions between team members to enable inclusive decision making as well as help with conflict resolution.
- Assist with internal and external communication while maintaining/improving transparency of information.
- Supporting the Product Owners - especially with respect to managing and prioritizing work through the team backlog.
- Ensure work is appropriately balanced among all team members and that all work is captured in the backlog.
- Maintain and update squad process metrics and to ensure accurate and transparent communications to Product Owner and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies to ensure project is running smoothly and every team has tools to get their work done efficiently.
Important decisions of the role:
- Design processes and practices that need to be followed by technical team and product owners.
- Define necessary training and coaching for the team.
- Outline tracking and reporting format, timing and incentives.
- Working with teams to embed and reinforce Agile practices and behaviours.
- Reviewing and managing backlog to ensure all items are assigned and advancing according to schedule.
- Tracking squad output through dashboards and other reporting systems.
- Observing and engaging with individual Squad members to identify opportunities to improve Agile performance.
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years experience in as a Scrum Master.
- Experience managing teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.