The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Program Finance Manager to support the Innovative Business Strategies Director and Americas Representative with the Financial operational day to day of the Project Portfolio as well as the development of adequate financial management for the innovative business models and strategies.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
· Manage all financial functions and activities related to the Innovative Business Strategies project portfolio.
· Develop the adequate new financial management requirements of the innovative business models and strategies in coordination with the Corporate Service Units of CIMMYT.
· Generate learning and systematization of the financial management of the innovative business models and strategies.
· Day to day management of core processes such as:
o Elaborate budgets based on ABC costing system.
o Elaborate and update budgets breakdown strictly based on signed donor agreements.
o Provide budgets breakdown strictly based on signed donor agreements to PFMU to be uploaded in the financial system.
o Review and submit for approval rationale and supporting documentation for reallocations of expenditure between projects.
o Timely internal review and submission of approved Financial Donor Reports to PFMU.
· Oversee the Project Finance Monitoring
o Link financial support documentation w/technical activities in coordination with Project Managers.
· Ensure accurate budget monitoring reports, including a monthly analysis with a dashboard that comprehends project cash flow and projections, are prepared for the Innovative Business Strategies project portfolio.
· Perform top down budget versus actual expenses review for projects and highlight issues while suggesting actions to Supervisor
· Quality control and authorization of proposals budget and Financial Donor reports
· Attend monthly meetings with program finance managers to discuss requirements on new grants, issues and corrective actions for ongoing grants and closure of projects.
· Preparation of specific information requests while collecting it for submission (if applicable).
· Day to day supervision of Program Financial Administrators
· Capture institutional best practices and lessons learned based on experience of the Innovative Business project portfolio.
· Ensure effective reporting to donors related to selected projects particularly on new proposals and technical and financial reports.
· Set and monitor appropriate and measurable financial performance indicators and targets for different stakeholders in coordination with Finance Department.
· Design the monitor and control activities to be implemented in the short, medium, and long term.
· Perform risk assessments on donor reporting activities.
· Develop and provide recommendations to the Innovative Business Strategies Director related to institutional process improvements for adequate financial project management.
· Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
· Coordinate project audits as per grant agreement and donor requests in coordination with the Internal Audit Unit, Finance Department, CIMMYT’s Project Leaders and other required responsible parties.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. A Master’s degree in Finance or administration will represent an advantage.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a finance position with increasing levels of responsibility in a medium sized to large grant funded organization.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in grant or project financial management.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in supervision of staff.
· Experience in a multicultural, international environment preferred.
· Knowledge of financial systems, ERP, MS office, databases, data extraction methods, report presentation and analytical skills.
· User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Advanced skills in Excel).
· Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
· The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
· The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Customer Orientation, Proactivity, Communication, Time Management, Multi-Cultural Awareness/ Sensitivity, Strategic Thinking and Decision-Making.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).