The Head of Legal is responsible for the corporate and finance legal affairs of the company.
- Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company's matters.
- Developing and leading internal audit and corporate compliance programs.
- Overseeing delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities.
- Maintaining proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state and federal governmental bodies, legislatures and the community at large.
- Advising the CEO and other senior corporate officers on a variety of issues.
- Participating in the formulation of general management policy as a member of the executive management team.
- Managing a team of corporate counsel and other members of the legal department.
- Bachelor´s Degree in Law.
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage.
- 5+ years of experience as a Legal Manager.
- Strong manager with exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Experience leading negotiations on complex, high value, contracts, and agreements.
- Demonstrable track-record producing effective and high-quality legal advice to departmental heads within a business, leading to enhanced integrity in both internal and external affairs.