IT Business Partner Specialist or Senior Associate
The Information Technology Department (ITE) is looking for an experienced professional to work as an IT Business Partner for our internal clients. You will be responsible for identifying and translating business needs into new improvements in the IT services.
The ITE department is responsible for formulating the Bank’s IT Strategy, its implementation and providing related tools, solutions and services. It is also the focal point for all IT services (infrastructure and applications), architecture, policies and security for the IDB.
Our department is made up of six groups, the IT Policy and Planning (IPP) and IT Operations (ITO) divisions and four Business Partners areas that serve as liaison between ITE and all the Bank Operational and Corporate functions to implement solutions for the Bank and the region.
What you’ll do:
· You will coordinate the demand for IT solutions and services emanating from internal client departments. This includes proactively carrying out the analysis, triage and prioritization of such demands and ensuring that value is delivered to the business of the IDB, ensuring that prioritization of demands is supported by sound business cases.
· You will ensure the provision of IT services in line with published SLAs for each service. Monitor attainment of SLA targets for internal clients and organize client review meetings to report on SLAs, handling communication and bringing up incident resolution when needed.
· You will be responsible for identifying and recommending processes improvements to internal clients and coordinate/collaborate across IT suppliers to deliver them.
· You will work on closely with internal clients to acquire, develop and keep current knowledge of businesses, needs, processes, people, customers, partners and strategic goals. Build long term client relationship.
· You will contribute to IDB’s Digital Strategy implementation, providing technical recommendations and representing the needs and strategic priorities of internal clients ensuring that the work of IT is aligned to business priorities and the delivery of business value.
The IDB offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.