The Risk and Compliance Manager works with the organization to advise Management of any potential risks that may affect the reputation, safety, security, financial sustainability and existence of the organization. He is expected to provide a better assessment of the risk management policies and protocols in order to come up with policies and recommendations to avoid threats, reduce or transfer risks and/or mitigate the effects of those which are essentially unavoidable.
- Plans, designs and implements an overall risk management process for the organization.
- Conducts risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimate the risks affecting the organization.
- Prepares risk evaluation , which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors and evaluating the organization’s ‘risk appetite’.
- Prepares risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences.
- Conducts audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Provides support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
- Assists in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and helps execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Accouting or courses with risk management content.
- One to five years experience as risk analyst in a financial organization/company.
- Minimum two years experience as risk manager level.
- Good orientation of insurance, health, safety policies, disaster recovery measures and business continuity plans.
- Possess knowledge of organization’s culture and structure.
- With strong background in finance, economics, law, risk management, statistics.
- Ability to develop and entrench change techniques in an organization.
- Ability to manage and supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement.
- Skill for risk mitigation simulation.
- Ability to benchmark and analyze various business risks.