As a Retail Construction Project Manager (ideally with a retail construction background) you will plan and supervise a large volume of retail construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Manage new retail project build outs from design development through turnover, closely collaborating with store design team, internal departments, external agencies, landlords, and architectural partners.
- Collaborate with architects, designers, engineers, contractors etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Follow up on permits and licenses from appropriate authorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Review architectural plans, shop drawings, lighting proposals, and other documentation as needed.
- Compile budget and cost estimates for all projects.
- Prepare bid lists and packages for General Contractors, manage RFIs and shop drawings approvals, level and negotiate bids, and award contracts
Develop a comprehensive budget and timeline for executive level approval, and manage both throughout projects.
- Perform due diligence to assist the new store development with location finding with respect to base building conditions, layouts, dimensions, and engineering requirement.
- Bachelor´s Degree.
- 2-3 years experience as an owner’s representative in retail construction project management, taking projects from design to completion.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in various stages of development.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Strong budgeting and computer skills.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- A team player with leadership abilities
PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.