Mexico Business Publishing is seeking a motivated and ambitious individual to join our Mexico City-based team as Editorial Manager. This position gives you the opportunity to participate in shaping our industry-leading annual reviews and you will also help coordinate the editorial processes for our publications.
The ideal candidate is an experienced journalist, with native English level writing skills and fluent in Spanish. Candidates should exhibit strong leadership and organizational skills and take pride in exceling as a team player. Ability to stick to deadlines, deep knowledge of Mexico’s industries and the ability to analyze the world from the perspective of our interviewees are must-haves.
This full-time role is at our Mexico City office under local terms. Home office is not available for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please be aware that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Identifying the key trends driving the industry and translating those into coherent themes for our publications
- Successfully writing and editing strong, coherent stories that provide business insight
- Meeting deadlines on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Overseeing the progression and quality of two annual publications
- Working closely with commercial managers to align project objectives
- Ensuring that the highest quality is achieved with topics, interviews, transcripts, and content. This includes monitoring the work of co-editors and journalists
- Manage and control the editorial tracker and additional internal reports
- Lead the initial editorial planning phase for new projects
- Researching companies and interviewees to prepare high-quality topics for interviews
- Final proofread and fact check of all written content for final insertion into the publication.
- Adequate management of social media accounts
- Write weekly content for online platforms
- Performing face-to-face interviews based on your prepared questions
- Supporting our events team at book launch events and business summits
- Assisting team members by writing transcripts and converting them into final pieces of content.
- At least two years’ managerial experience in an editorial environment
- Combination of strong commercial awareness and editorial capabilities to ensure the quality and financial success of each publication
- Proactive and self-motivated with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and managerial skills
- Consistently leading by example with exceptional attention to detail and a strong quality focus
- Excellent research and analytical skills with experience in data mining
- Should have ability to work under ensuring timely and quality execution of the work assigned
- Experience using social media to deliver content and a good eye for editorial layout are preferred
- Familiar with Mexican current affairs in a variety of key industries
- A bachelor degree in journalism or business is required, while a master’s degree is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Competitive base salary and bonus plan
- Comprehensive ongoing coaching and support
- Extensive growth of professional network
- Health and dental insurance
- 10 days of holidays (in addition to 2 weeks holidays during Christmas and New Year’s Eve)
MBP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, physical or socioeconomic condition or any other reason.
El contenido de este aviso es de propiedad del anunciante. Los requisitos de la posición son definidos y administrados por el anunciante sin que Bumeran sea responsable por ello.