· University degree in subject directly relevant for HSEQ.
· More than 10 years industry experience in HSEQ.
· Strong interpersonal skills accompanied by outstanding cultural awareness
· Drive cultural change in HSEQ
· Highly adaptable and flexible to business requirements
· Entrepreneurial and strategic thinker
· Breadth of knowledge in HSEQ at operations environments (field experience)
· Very good communications skills
· Bring creative ideas & initiatives
· Ability to integrate relevant multiple disciplines
· Understanding of budget planning
· Ability to form, communicate and take decisions
· Ability to work under pressure
· Results orientated, proactive mindset with ability to develop realistic plans and work
· Strong ability to create and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Excellent command of English written and spoken, Spanish is a plus.
· Management and leadership skills
· Availability to travel within the country and abroad
What he/she can expect:
· Direct reporting line to SVP/MD Mexico
· Work in an international and multicultural environment
· Lead and mentor a motivated and competent existing regional HSEQ team
· Lead all the strategy for health, safety, security, environmental & quality activities in Mexico
· Set the rules in the Company Management system and continues improvement process
· Ensure that the HSEQ area remains as integral part of the local business, providing advice and support to the management team.
· Responsible that the annual Business Unit HSEQ program is planned and carried out.
· Monitor, supervise, report and follow-up HSEQ performance, contribute actively to continuous improvement and transfer of HSEQ knowledge within client and to our partners and contractors.
· Ensure an efficient and robust crisis management and emergency response organization through regular exercises and training activities
· Set-up BU KPIs leading and lagging in line with corporate reporting
· Ensure environmental measures are implemented and documented; support client environmental reporting on CO2, CH4, etc.
· Maintain continuous communication with HSEQ area at HQ level regarding HSEQ activities and results
· Work together with the operations and project teams in Mexico, and provide support to the organization regarding HSEQ and related risk management during planning and execution of activities
· Keep close relations with the local authorities and memberships organization to maintain company credibility, reputation and acceptance according with company needs.
· Provide security advice to BU management and exchange regularly updates with corporate
· Provide and execute security evacuations for expats and visitors, if needed
· Promote a company culture where HSEQ is an integrated part of the business
· Manage, plan and monitor local HSEQ budget