What we are looking for an entrepreneurial, passionate, and obsessive learner to join as Head of Mexico to help build, lead, grow, and manage our Mexico operation.
You need to have a hunger for proving yourself, thrive in uncertain situations, be a quick & deliberate decision maker, and a leader that can inspire and recruit those who are even more qualified than you.
- Be responsible for the Mexico office and all associated HR, finance, and legal responsibilities this entails.
- You will be incredibly involved in the nitty gritty workflow processes & product development for the first months, and then you will build systems & teams to scale those up.
- You will build relationships with local carriers, customs brokers, and port authorities to ensure our customers have a phenomenal experience. You will play an important role in commercial efforts and business development, responsible for local relationships with large & medium enterprises yourself.
- You will build, lead, and manage the Mexico team and have a budget that will afford you the ability to hire the most brilliant and high performing minds available.
- You will be tasked with building and maintaining a culture that rewards questioning dogma and helping reinvent old school processes.
- Work directly with the CEO, CTO, and executive team to define and achieve critical business and product milestones.
- You will have tremendous impact on our company culture and trajectory working closely with the founders and early team members.
- 2-5+ years experience with operations experience - startup or tech experience is a huge plus.
- Excellent communication (both English & Spanish) and organizational skills.
- Strong project management experience, ideally having led small or large teams.
- Exceptional business judgment and critical thinking skills.
- A track record of building, leading, and developing high performing teams.
- [Optional]: Ideally, you have some connections or ties to the Mexico logistics/supply chain ecosystem (carriers, customs brokers, port authorities, 3PL’s).